Friday, December 31, 2010

Farewell, Adios, Arrivederci, Au Revoir 2010!!!!!!!!!!

Last day of the year, in a couple of hours we will be saying farewell to 2010 and welcome 2011.

What a year!!!!!! Years come and go and with them we keep our best and wost memories.

Ill try to write as much as I can, despite the fact that last night I couldn't sleep at all i had a hell of a night. My whole body decided to betray me, and i was in pain the whole night. Pain was so bad i almost went to the ER because i had a blasting headache on the back of my head that ran all the way down to my shoulders. My left arm is also still in pain (which i hate,hate, hate) makes me think im gonna get a heart attack. I don't know i hate how i have felt the fear of my life ending is the worst feeling ever. I think these are the side effects of my radiation. I wonder if the full body scan is the reason to blame for the pain in my head and neck (since the Nuclear doc places the pillow on my neck leaving my head in the most awkward position) As for my left arm i don't know i have been carrying bags and doing my most natural routine. But maybe my body has had enough and now i regret not resting the full 5 weeks that i had to right after my surgery.

I had planned to straighten my hair, do my new year nail design (which i tried to do but unfortunately i have lost my hand coordination it seriously made me cry at the fact that i couldn't paint my nails. I tried about 7x's to paint them but i couldn't, i've been feeling too weak) so there will be no New Year's nail design. Plans were to get all dolled up to receive the new year but, i guess plans have changed. Anyways its alright my health comes first. BTW i think its my new Thyroid medication doing its wonders i officially hate food. I will eat only because i have to eat but i have lost my appetite completely.

My favorite thing and highlight of this  year was The FIFA 2010 South Africaa World Cup, wow i seriously enjoyed almost every single game and i had so much fun arguing with friends about some of the matches. despite the fact that none of my favorite teams won i had so much fun watching it. I fell in love and i saw the potential in Uruguay, Diego Forlan  became one of my favorite players and i will never forget the match between Ghana and Uruguay both teams fought like champions and despite what people say Luis Suarez in my opinion sacrificed himself for his team. Towards the end Argentina delivered quite and amazing game, and Brazil and Italy were a complete disappointment. Wasn't to thrilled that Spain won but it was well deserved. Oh let's not forget Paul the Octopus stole my heart lol!

Trying to think really hard what else i enjoyed im sure i enjoyed many other things which unfortunately i can't remember but i will never forget that August was my official month of getting sick. I had the worst bronchitis followed by countless appointments to figure out my real health problem.

The year has been really tough on my whole family, financially, mentally, physically  and health wise but I know we are not alone in this. I just hope the new year brings more work opportunity and allows everyone who has had it tough to find their way around in 2011! Yes i know there were a whole lot of other problems world wide but forgive me for not mentioning them, i don't have them at the top of my head. This is just me brainstorming and remembering the most current issues. I'm sure many have lost a family member or a loved one this year so to them i say  may they R.I.P and my deepest condolence to you.

I don't want to get to off topic or discuss any political issues. But i do hope that this new year brings peace world wide.

That stupid racist laws like the Arizona sb 1070 stop being passed. And if they do want to secure the borders then so be it but do it in a non racist manner. I hope the Dream Act passes because those kids sure as hell deserve to be here more than anyone. I hope we realize what's important and crucial to deal with like stopping child abuse and dealing with all those sick pedophiles out there if anyone deserves to be treated like trash its all those disgusting sick fucks out there. I really hope we start taking better care of our planet.

I hope the pointless war we are having stops and may all innocent people stop being killed. That the horrible kidnappings and tortures stop in Mexico. (I KNOW, I KNOW that's a lot for me to wish for but  i can dream can't I? Overall i hope we can all get along, and that we can sort our differences in different ways.

 Well before my headache and the pain in my fingers starts kicking in let me just say, im thankful for this whole year despite that it's leaving me with a large amount of hospital bills, medication, and loads of new side effects.

But its all good, im also thankful for the fact that doctors were able to locate my cancer just in time before it got any worst im thankful that i have insurance (now i realize how lucky i am for having something as simple as a good health insurance in this wonderful country) im thankful for my family (specially my mother) and for the friends who have been sharing my experience oh and also to the large amount of audience that i have around the world thank you so much for reading my blog. I'm also thankful to all those wonderful people i have met, like nurses, doctors, and just anyone who i have met even for just a minute this year. I wish you all a Prosperous, healthy New Year may 2011 bring the key to your happiness and mine as well.

I really have so many things in mind to do this year they are not my new years resolution because let's face it i don't think i have ever achieved any of my new years resolution. But what i have in my mind are set goals for my entire future. So to all my friends and loved one's Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!! BIG HUGS AND KISSES TO THE ONE'S I LOVE WHO ARE SO FAR AWAY IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES!!!!!!!

editorial provided by (http://politicalgraffiti.wordpress.com/category/humor/)

I love you all,
have a great and safe New Year's party in my honor!!!!!!!

p.s
i think it's about time to start using my vicodin prescription. My scar is giving me horrible pain.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Karla:
    I would like to wish you wonderful new year.
    If it is ok with your doctor you may use neosporin on your scar; it should take care of inflammation pain and burning.
    I recently found a blog named "Knitting lemonade" (do not have link at this time) by Kara, who just have had surgery to remove 4 cm tumor from her thyroid (papillary cancer) If you like you may write to her. I may not know all of the details but the suspicious tumors must be investigated long before they reach this size.
    I also read an article that the special drug is used during the RAI therapy for Hurtle cell cancer to increase effectivness of it.
    My asthma is killing me now but hopefully it will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Integrator: Thank you and Happy New Year to you as well! I'm sorry to hear that your Asthma is killing you i do hope you feel better soon.

    Thank you for the suggestion, as a matter of fact i have been using 'Neosporin' to prevent infection, and i'm also using a creme they gave me for my scar.

    The blog you mention sounds very interesting i will search for it, i'm always interested in knowing about other people who are going or who have gone through what im going through.

    ReplyDelete