Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's official one whole month has gone by!!!

December 5th 2010, WOW a whole month has gone by since my surgery (it has definitely felt much longer than that) but I'm so glad i have managed to survived. Day after day i have managed to get used to my new scar all my new symptoms and my daily pills (which at times I completely forget to take them.) So i went out and bought one of those weekly pill containers looked so boring so i decorated it! Love how it came out it will definitely help me out with keeping track of my pills.



But the toughest of it all has been getting back into my daily routine, haven't been able to do everything i have always done. My energy isn't still 100% present, i wake up with so much energy and plan for the whole day ahead but once noon comes around I'm exhausted. So daily naps are part of my new schedule. I also can't seem to help out too much around the house or my scar begins to hurt really bad. But i finally managed to finally start driving alone again (although it felt so weird and i was paranoid that i would crash.) I know eventually everything I'm used to will come back naturally/ almost forget my voice i need my voice it still hasn't come back at all. It's so low it always sounds like I'm whispering rather than talking normal. Sometimes it gets to me specially when I'm at the store trying to ask for assistance or even talking on the phone. Don't even get me started on the multiple times i have to repeat myself so my own family can understand me. But I'm definitely managing and my mom is always next to me helping me with anything that i can't do on my own.

Well i still haven't been able to begin with my radiation or get the full body scan to check for spread of Cancer due to the inflammation around my scar. But i finally have the before and after pictures of my scar so here it is.

I took this picture a day before my surgery (i miss my scar-less neck) j/k the tumor on my right side wasn't that visible but it sure was there.



I took this next one the day Dr. Kerner took off my bandages which was about a week and half after my surgery


a week after


and finally ta da.... my scar looking a lot cleaner and healing very well


ill take some more pictures to track the healing of my scar. Anyways its really cold and it's raining cats and dogs here in Cali, it's really beginning to look a lot like x-mas.

Thanks for stopping by and hope everyone is doing good!

xoxo
-Karla-

6 comments:

  1. dude! those pics are awesome! you're doing such a wonderful job of documenting your experience, K. I feel like i'm right there with you even tho i'm thousands of miles away! I'm so happy for you that the scar is healing properly (and i love how you have different nails in the last two photos! <3) Anyway, this is still the beginning, your energy will return in time, just keep resting and doing your thing, girl! You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl, i'm so glad your reading my blog and that makes u part of my experience so your really (here) helping me out. Yeah the scar is healing it does hurt from time to time! No way only you would notice the different pics of my scar with different nails lol....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have nice earrings (picture before) that are in harmony with your dress and your scar is placed low enough so it will not catch any significant attention.
    I was not really able to say on what side the tumor was located :) I would a first confuse your "laryngeal prominence" with the tumor

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you (i made those earrings myself) Yes I'm very thankful for my small scar. Dr. Kerner did a magnificent job. Oh and the tumor was located on the right side of my neck but your right my laryngeal prominence is way more visible than the tumor it self!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I never thought you made these earrings yourself
    This scar should fade in 1 year and is going to blend with your skin.I have similar scar on my arm and I cannot see it now
    It is interesting that I do not see a separate hole for a drain tube; I estimated your blood loss to be about 150-200 ml because the bag has been emptied 4 times.
    Do you have any voice changes or swallowing problems after surgery?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah i'm quite crafty!

    That's very interesting, now that you mention it below my visible scar there's a very extremely tiny scar, that isn't visible at all but i can feel it upon touch. I guess that is where the drain tube was coming out from.

    My voice is finally back, it only took one whole month but its sounds just about the same from time to time it goes very low and horsed but I'm happy i can now hear myself lol! Swallowing problems not so much although my saliva gland has been swelling up again. Which when they did the surgery they also open up my saliva gland. So that i do want to follow up with my doctor because it gets way to enlarged specially in the morning. But other than that i would say everything has come back to normal.

    ReplyDelete