Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Radiation week!

I have begun my radiation treatment. On Monday i met with my Nuclear Doctor and she discussed further information on my radioactive treatment. I had to go today (Tuesday) once again to begin my dosage. Since I will be radioactive for a whole week i will be recording my days of  isolation.  First of all i must stay away from everyone specially babies, children and pregnant women oh and pets. So since it just happens that here at home we have 3 dogs and 2 small children (Brigitte and my cousin Omar) then obviously its best for me to just stay in my room. So the way this works, i need to use disposable plates and well any utensils and cups and anything i touch. All the clothe that i will wear throughout my radioactive period i must wash a week after on its own in case all the radioactive hasn't gone on its own. The bathroom that I'm using only I can use it, so anything else i will be using with gloves. So let's see how this goes.... Maybe i get some really cool out of this world supper powers lol.


Tuesday December 21, 2010

It's so cold, my room is seriously the coldest room of the entire house i don't know why? When it's already completely insulated. Anyways well Woke up early today to have a light breakfast and went to the hospital once again to meet with the Nuclear people, (seriously everyone at the administration and Nuclear place already know me) I feel like i live there lol! So they took me into the room that has left me jumpy, the one with the human straightening iron. Gave me a bunch of paper work had me put on gloves and handed me a little see-through tube with a regular sized pill (which i wasn't suppose to touch just swallow) didn't taste nor smelled like anything at all. I guess my nerves just had me a little nauseous but i survived. So now that I've been home the whole day since coming from the hospital. It's been so boring i usually love being in my room but its different when i'm being forced to this kind of isolation. I'm somewhat bored mostly cold and tired. It's still raining i wish the sun would of come out today, but i guess its on strike till further notice. So far i managed to clean my room, still need to fold some cloth on my bed.

But i did manage to paint my nails (ohhh yeah) i'm not sure if its safe for me to be using chemicals like acetone and nail polish maybe i should of asked.) I went on and used it anyways,




so the theme for today was 'The Grinch' Nails finally got to use my new Nicole by OPI polish ' Fell from the tree' and i really love how the design came out.

Unfortunately i couldn't go to the library to check out some books so my lap top will have to do. In the mean time before dinner i think ill watch something on NETFLIX.


Wednesday December 22, 2010

Couldn't sleep much last night, my body was in a lot of pain, i get this really annoying twitch on my legs and my arms and fingers go numb on top of that i get non-stop chills which drive me crazy. So far the only thing I've done today is take naps after after naps. Been reading from people that they were able to spot a rainbow and got a look at the sun. I guess i managed to sleep through that one because looking out my window all I see is rain. Oh ok so the only new symptom that i have felt since taking my radiation pill is this big discomfort on my neck. My scar keeps giving me this sharp tingling pain in the center. Other than that i still feel really weak and tired.

Thursday December 23, 2010

Oh my, so this isolation thing isn't working i need people to converse with! I miss my family, i know they are just out in the living room but not being able to hug my little sister or my mom is so annoying. I miss being out in the kitchen just keeping my mom company. Or sitting in the couch watching pointless shows on t.v. I guess im appreciating the little things. Well I get irritated my mom is just horrible, i kept snapping at my poor parents over the fact that they wouldn't come inside my room. What am i infested lol (Yup) well its also my very high levels of hypothyroidism that has me like this. Late was i inform that i could begin my thyroid medication, since tomorrow is Christmas Eve and my ENT's office will be closed i can't get my thyroid prescription till Monday. That's a long while and by the mood i'm having i need it badly.

Upon waking up today my body was in so much pain i couldn't get up from my own bed. Just knowing that i had to spend my day in my room was just upsetting. So i slept for a while and finally after a meal i got better. Tried teaching myself to knit but since that failed, i went back to Netflix  i watched 'La Dolce Vita' that Sylvia was one voluptuous doll. My second movie was 'My cousin Vinny' gotta love Joe Pesci, then i went with two 80's movies 'Maid to Order' and 'Only You' I had seen it before but i feel like 80's movies never get old i love them (Specially the John Hughes one's). So yeah my mood is way better now.

Friday December 24!
Christmas Eve!
Last day of radiation, still kept my distance from mostly everyone but i did manage to go out for a while, wow stores were so crowded, lines would seriously circle the whole store. But anyways i wasn't there to buy anything just to distract myself a bit. Still used plastic gloves and kept my distance from children and pregnant women.  At home i still did the same thing I've been doing for the past 3-days but felt much better about it. So glad tomorrow is a brand new day. Oh and finally the sun came out and for the first time in a long time i felt warm.

Saturday December 25!
Merry X-Mas
My bright sunny day is long gone, Rain is back to attack but I'm finally able to hug Brigitte and pet my dogs. So glad, even watching pointless tv was amazing. Well Merry X-MAS to everyone.

Tuesday December 28
Full body scan (Part deux)

Woke up supper early for my early full body scan (part due) tried my best but got a mild panic attack yet again. I just wish i could trick myself into liking that machine. But i hyperventilate as soon as i get on it. My Nuclear doctor was so nice to try and make everything as comfortable as possible for me, but I couldn't take it. I'm just glad i survived it and in the mean time i don't have any up-coming appointments with (the human straightening- iron.) I did begin my thyroid medication today, no major side effects so far. I really hope it stays that way. But i am supper tired, oh and the Nuclear Doctor's assistance did say that the radiation he was getting from me was way lower than last time (that's a really really good sign.)

thanks for being part of my radiation week

xoxo
-Karla-


2 comments:

  1. Best wishes and prayers for your full recovery. You are a remarkable nail artist, but more than this you are very, very brave. Thank you for writing about your experience and sharing this. I wish you a very Happy Healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom Porter! Thank you for reading my blog, and a happy New Year to you as well!!!

    ReplyDelete