Sunday, December 12, 2010

La Guadalupana!

I don't watch much TV, at least not on the actual television i watch my favorite showtime shows online. But from time to time i like watching  'AquĆ­ y Ahora' its like the 20/20 in Spanish, of course it comes out on one of the biggest Spanish television Networks Univision canal 34. I'm really glad i tuned in this Tuesday because there was a story that caught my eye.

But before i begin let me just say, I'm not religious (meaning i don't practice nor follow one religion, which i will be blogging about in the near future.) But for now i will say I do believe in GOD, i pray every night and i have a lot of faith in the Lord. I know miracles happen but I'm sometimes more of a realist and sometimes I'm very skeptical to believing miracles happen.

Also I have never prayed to a Virgin nor a Saint (Why did i just mention a Virgin???) Well because the story is about a Miracle 'LA VIRGEN DE GUADALUPE' (The Virgin Guadalupe) did. Oh by the way please don't get me wrong i have nothing against anyone who prays to her this is just on a personal level. But I gotta admit sometimes it annoys me how much exploitation people sometimes do with 'LA VIRGEN DE GUADALUPE' (The Virgin Guadalupe) example: 'She appeared in my cereal, eggs, chair, drink etc....catch my drift well we have heard all sort of places she has appeared.

Well today is December 12th its the day Juan Diego took proof to the non believing Spanish Bishop whom Juan Diego had told about the dark Virgin who appeared before him. (Yes i did goggle some info about her which happens to be a very interesting story.)

So anyways well the story that caught my eye on 'Aqui y Ahora' (oh which is mean 'Here and Now') was about a little girl (around 6 i believe) who had not only been diagnosed with Cancer but her whole entire little body was invaded with some kind of rare Cancer; and upon diagnoses she had to go under multiple surgeries so she would be able to walk. Well her mother was a non-practicing Jew and her father a non practicing Catholic meaning they didn't speak much of any religion nor had any religious portraits at home.

Anyways the little girl was going through Chemo and all sort of medication to treat her condition.  Which also Doctor's had told the parents she had about a 2% chance of living. But the little girl started telling her mom that 'MOTHER CHURCH' would visit her and would speak to her. Both parents were puzzled and had no idea who mother church could be so they printed out a bunch of pictures of Virgins from the Internet and asked the little girl to recognize mother church. To their surprise she pointed out The Virgin of Guadalupe' as being mother church. Now her parents were confused because like i they had never taught her about any religious figure. But the parents not knowing what to do started searching and found out that the little girl had been born on December 12 which like i said just happens to be 'La Virgen of Guadalupe's Day' so they decided to start praying to the Virgin of Guadalupe and the dad said that in one particular occasion he felt a a powerful energy from the back of the head and a voice telling him "Lo buscaran pero no lo encontraran" translation "they will look but they won't find it" Then it was time for the little girl to get another full body scan and to every one's surprise the Little girl's entire Cancer was completely gone.

Which Doctors clearly said was totally and completely impossible specially with the severity of the Cancer she had. So this my friends is a straight out miracle and i seriously believe this one actually it impressed me so much. Oh and the parents did a special shrine in the back yard for the Virgin and converted to Catholic and flew to Mexico to visit the Basilica of The Virgin of Guadalupe and as they said they will be eternally grateful.

So i really wanted to blog about it, because i found it to be so interesting and inspiring and like my dad always Say's "Faith moves mountains." Well hope you guys found this story interesting i sure did.

By the way tomorrow I'm going into the hospital to get my full body scan to check that my Cancer hasn't spread.

 xoxo
-Karla-


Thanks for stopping by and Happy Virgin of Guadalupe Day.


Image courtesy of (http://www.revolutionmyspace.com/image-code-30/virgen_guadalupe)

No comments:

Post a Comment