Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2 month's and counting!

I can't believe how fast time has gone by since my surgery, it has now been 2 whole months.

Happy New Year, I've been really sick since my last blog entry. I spent my New year's eve and day in bed resting. I was in complete pain the whole day of new years eve. My left arm and chest were giving me such horrible pain which i now figure was just muscular but at the time it felt like something else was seriously wrong. I almost went to the ER because the pain was just unbearable i cried so much, it was disappointing that while everyone else was welcoming the new year i was crying over the pain that i had. My head was also bothering me quite a lot. But now I'm beginning to think i should blame it all on my last body scan.

After all laying almost for an entire hour on that uncomfortable table to be scan really took a toll on my upper body, neck and head which were the main parts that i had pain in. I also blame the weather, the last time prior to new years eve i had gone out and the temperature was just extremely low. So i must of cached something that really did a number on my joints. But I'm much better today, i managed to get some sun yesterday when i went to the Library. The weather is still really cold, windy and completely crazy. I can't remember having this kind of winter here in California. I just hope it doesn't rain again.

So last week i began my thyroid medication I've been put on levothyroxine 100MCG which is the generic one to Synthroid. I thought the medication was to blame for my weakness but i spoke to my doctor and he said that that's just the lack of thyroid that is making me weak, because the medication won't start working 3-4 weeks from now. So that's comforting to hear lol. Well i still have the pain in my joints like my wrist, knees, elbows and fingers hurt upon waking up and i have this sort of tingling feeling all over my joints. I hate having craving for sweet things. So I'm finding fruits and foods that will satisfy my cravings of candy, cookies and chocolate. I really am trying to eat much healthier i don't eat to much because i rather sleep than eat but when its time to eat, I'm trying to eat as healthy as i can. I want to ask if i can finally get rid of my high blood pressure medication. Because i do feel i was diagnosed incorrectly and that i got high blood pressure upon my cancer developing or as symptoms of it. I do want to start working out but this weather is preventing me from going out. And as a set goal not a resolution i need to learn to fall asleep early my bedtime has become 1-3 in the morning. I have tried but insomnia has got a solid grip on me.

Tomorrow i have an appointment to see Dr. Kerner my surgeon, which i guess its just as procedure to check on the incision. Looks about the same as the last picture i took of it, looks a bit red and it has been giving me some pain. But other than that i believe its fine. I have also made an appointment for next week for a physical i want to check on my heart since i get horrible palpitations that annoy me so much. Also just to be on the safe side that my heart is healthy after everything I've put it on. In 4 weeks ill be visiting my metabolism doctor i guess he will check my calcium levels and blood work. In the meantime i plan to continue resting. But i do want to find out if i can start taking vitamins or supplements to help me with my energy level. I keep asking doctors but they don't seem to like the idea of taking vitamins. But i really think i need to take some iron and stuff like that. So i will keep investigating and searching on my own.

Aside all my issues i didn't give up on my nail designs i tried and tried until i was finally able to do what i wanted to do.


Here is the finish product. In the meantime i won't be doing any hand made characters on my nails because that hurts my neck and back to much but i will try to continue with my love for nail designs. I'm also trying to do some handmade projects. So hopefully i get the energy i need to do them.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful beginning to their new year.
thanks for stopping by.

xoxo
-Karla

1 comment:

  1. I used to wake up in the morning complaining about feeling very depressed. I have a low thyroid function and it bothered me. My friend Liza, introduced me to natural thyroid a couple of weeks ago and now I'm happy to see the positive results!

    ReplyDelete