Friday, January 14, 2011

Beyond Tired!

 I'm back, i've been out for a few days because i had a procedure done this past Monday. My surgeon Dr. Kerner had to perform yet another dilation sub-mandibular gland duct on my right side. Because due to my radiation it swelled up again. It's still a bit swollen under my tongue but i can now speak, and eat normally. Going into the procedure was very traumatizing flash backs of Nov. 5th kept coming through my head. But everyone was so nice. I just hope i don't have to have this done again.

I've been very tired, depressed and fearing for my life like crazy. Sleeping at night has been so hard. I've had horrible heart palpitations, panic attacks and just been so annoyed. That is why i decided to go see my regular doctor today. My blood pressure is a little big up but nothing that drastic.  She did an EKG (Electrocardiogram) and it came back that my heart is really slow. I don't know what that means but i know its not normal. So im being referred to a cardiologist can't wait to hear what he has to say.

This is just worrying me way to much. I can't stand the fact that all i keep getting is bad news. I'm trying to be as positive as i can be, but it just gets way to hard. I'm about to loose it. Really hope i can do something about all this. 

Well here's a picture of my mouth after the procedure he did, its lumpy and it still had some blood with pus coming out (i know disgusting) but I must say Doctor Kerner is wonderful at what he does.

2 comments:

  1. I am not sure, but some patients were suggested to chew the lemon with sugar to protect salivary glands. Your tongue reminded mine when I had chicken pox at the age of 21. I am sure you are going to get better. I am now trying variety of new asthma inhalers, so far without big success:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing is i had an issue with my saliva duct way before my surgery and radiation. My surgeon had open up the gland the same day i had my thyroidectomy but after radiation it got swollen again. It is way better now, the lump underneath the jaw has decreased greatly.

    Oh i'm sorry to hear that the inhalers you have tried aren't a big success. Hope you find one that works, get well soon.

    ReplyDelete