Thursday, November 4, 2010

The 5th of November

My goodness finally the 5th of November i can't tell you enough how long i have been anticipating for this day to arrive. I will be having my Thyroidectomy done tomorrow. 


Surprisingly I'm very good, I'm feeling very positive and now i just can't wait till this is all over so i can come home and rest.  These last few weeks have been filled with horrible mood swings and a lot of insomnia. I haven't been able to sleep much at night it has taken me about 2-4 hours of tossing and turning in my bed to finally fall asleep, but despite all that i have been distracting myself from all of this.  This particular week was filled with last minute appointments to the hospital and to my doctor but all is just procedure to insure that I will be good for the surgery. Everything has come out really well and i guess I'm pretty healthy and completely ready! 


So have to hit the hay early today, gotta wake up early since i have to arrive at the hospital at 8:30 am (2 hours prior to the surgery) But i am well and very happy that the day has finally arrived.


I will be posting before and after pictures once i have recovered, in the mean time i will be on vicodin for about 2 weeks or depending on how bad and severe the pain is.


thank you for all the support i have received. 


xoxo Karla!

2 comments:

  1. I wish you the best of luck Karla! I'm sure you'll do fine, just stay positive <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The biggest pain after surgery will be in your lover lip and some sore throat from the intubation; the incision will be itching and will have some "pulling" sensation but not really painful!
    And the odds of having malignant tumor is less then 20%

    ReplyDelete