Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Almost there

There are 7 days left till my surgery and ever since i found out the date i haven't stopped thinking about it. I've been obsessing over it. (over reading other people's experience.) But everyone is different and i shouldn't be putting stuff into my head about these other stories instead i need to focus on my experience.

I've had highs and lows  (mostly lows) and I've allowed this situation to get the best of me. But i have finally decided to put my foot down, and there is no way i will allow this surgery to get the best of me.

I'm feeling real positive and optimistic i trust and believe everything will go well.

Of course i didn't come up with this myself. I owe my optimism to Mimi  (the nurse who went over the procedure and explained every single little detail. I had an appointment to see her today she went over any un-answered questions. But the way she answered everything it made me feel so much better,  in fact I'm not scared at all anymore I'm fine i feel terrific about the surgery.

Mimi even told me that i don't have to worry about the scar, because my surgeons specialize in plastic surgery therefore they do their best to make it as clean as possible and with some special cremes it will disappear into nothing in no time.

I then went to the Northridge hospital to do the whole admissions thing and sign a bunch of papers. I can finally say everything is set for next week. and I'm feeling so good about it.

In the meantime i plan to enjoy this Halloween weekend to the max and just stay calm and positive about Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the surgery; the young patients without longstanding goiter and thin necks should normally have no complications from that surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes hopefully everything goes well thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Mimi made you feel better! I'm sure you'll do great, Karla. just keep that positive attitude up! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah she sure did! for sure i will Liat thanks!

    ReplyDelete