Friday, November 19, 2010

The tradition lives on!

It's Friday evening and I'm freezing!!!!!! I can't seem to get warm up my nose and hands are cold as ice. 

I've been doing pretty good, although I haven't been resting to much and i can now see and feel that my body is asking me to stop pushing it. I've been here and there and everywhere. So now my cut is hurting quite a bit, not extremely painful but an awkward tugging and pulling sensation specially when i swallow. Hadn't felt like this before but i guess i just need to rest a bit more to fully recover. Anyways so i'm feeling a bit depressed maybe its the weather (gloomy, foggy, winter just my favorite season of the year!) or maybe its just me. I still haven't gotten my voice back at all, in the morning its quite louder than during the rest of the day. But i can't scream or shout one bit, it is so low that i have to constantly repeat myself over and over again. I feel like i'm deaf and mute, at times i can't even hear my own words they fade away in the air. So it's annoying me i have to whistle or snap my fingers so my own family can pay attention to me. I really hope i get it back soon because it's becoming quite a struggle.  ahhh! I sound so annoying!!!!

So let my try and lighten the mood, with my Harry Potter tradition. As you may know its about that time of the year when Harry, Ron, and Hermione continue their quest to defeat "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named."

Well ever since The Harry Potter film Saga began my sister and i have had a tradition of watching the very first showing at midnight, meaning that we purchase the tickets a month in advanced or as soon as they start selling them and we head to our favorite theater (Winetka) at 6pm sharp to wait in line so we can get great seats to watch it at midnight. Why? well because we simply can't wait! So as you might of guess im a big fan of Harry Potter i've read all 7 books and frankly its by far my favorite fantasy novel series. I love it and i find that J. K. Rowling is simply a genius! My sister is also a big fan, although she's never been interested in reading the books but she loves the films.

So we meet Harry Potter at midnight, and i thought it would change this year because of my surgery. I had told my sister that we wouldn't be doing the midnight screening because i wouldn't be able to handle the whole sitting in line for more than 5 hours in the cold. But she went out and bought the tickets anyway. The whole week i had this huge dilemma "to go or not to go" that was the question. I wasn't too sure but Thursday came around (btw it was my wonderful mother's birthday yesterday) and i just packed a bunch of fruits, got my mittens, sweaters, boots, pillows and blanket and headed to the line. To our surprise the line was already massive by that time. The waiting was very annoying i kept getting so impatient and i was freezing scared that i would hurt my cut from the position i had my head. But we managed and luckily the theater had pity on us and let us in at 10:30 pm so we were able to stay warm for the remaining hour and half.

The crowd was unstoppable as soon as everyone had claim their seats people started clapping their hands and stumping their feet, some had even brought beach balls to throw around. Oh and did i mention the costumes??? Wow very impressive well some had awesome robes with the Griffindor, or slytherin scarf or tie. There were Harry Potter Shirts, pants, shoes, sweaters, scarfs, etc.......... but didn't see anyone with what i had.

WALLAH!!!!!!!!!!! (and i don't meant the 'I swear to God' in Arabic one) lol

                                            My Harry Potter inspired nails featuring Harry's owl
                                            Hedwig, the Griffindor colors (although it looks black
                                            but it's not) and The Nimbus 2000 (Harry's Broom)

I hand painted everything. I must say i'm very proud of how it came out. I used OPI Polish (which by the way is my favorite nail polish) so I posted it to the OPI fan page on Facebook and fans usually comment and stuff and i got so many wonderful comments but i was so impressed that OPI itself commented on my nails and  they rarely comment. OPI said: "These are phenomenal" so that definitely was the highlight of my day.

Well back to the movie, the clock stroked 12:00 am and the movie began, cheers and applause's followed
loud shouts of  "i love you Harry." The movie like always didn't disappoint seeing all the main characters on screen again was the best. The film was just exactly how i had imagined upon reading the book. The right length and pace. It was just what i expected it to be. I had an amazing time and i'm so glad we were able to keep our tradition live all thanks to my sister Andrea. So thank you Andielapirata for pushing me to go I love you! Now i can't wait to re-live our tradition for the second part of 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' scheduled to be released July 15, 2011.

I'm really tired since we got back like at 3 in the morning but it was so worth it.

Well goodnight and thank you for stopping by!

xoxo
-Karla-

No comments:

Post a Comment