Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Time for a change

I wish my first blog entry would be something more cheerful, but due to recent health problems i feel that it is my duty to write about my health condition. About a month ago i got diagnosed with HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE!!!! Yes at 23 i have high blood pressure and it has hit me very hard. The beginning days were very bad i had horrible depression and extreme anxiety, I actually got diagnosed at the ER. 

It was a Saturday morning and i was just getting better from having bronchitis for nearly 3-weeks. I woke up feeling anxious and scared my heart was pounding out of my chest, I got my dog (Tirza an Australian Shepard) ready put on my tights and went for a walk around the neighborhood hoping i would feel better (of-course it didn't help at all) frighten as i was my dad rushed me to the ER. I was there for nearly 3 hours but it was all worth it they drew my blood and took all kinds of exams the only problem i had was high blood pressure. It wouldn't go down and i was getting extremely anxious and upset of myself  "how could i let this happen?"

To shorten up the story they put me on blood pressure medicine 'Norvasc' a betta blocker that will lower my blood pressure. 

That was the start of a new beginning since then i feel like i have matured in mind and soul. I began researching everything about blood pressure and it is very dangerous if not treated. I'm glad i went to the ER when i did because God knows what would of happen if i wouldn't of gone.

The good news is that blood pressure doesn't run in my family so basically its all in me. Since then i have changed the way i eat (not a diet but a way of life) and i have been exercising daily and I'm glad to say in less than a month i have shed a couple of pounds. 

I still get very anxious when it's time to check my blood pressure at the doctors (I think i have white gown syndrome as well)  But for now my faith has grown and i believe in myself. 

Yesterday i had to go to the ER again because i checked my blood pressure at the drug store and it was very high i got scared and sad that everything i'm doing isn't working. But to be safe i went to the ER they took blood exams a CAT-skan (for my headache) and an X-ray on my chest. Everything is fine and my heart is at a normal rate. My blood pressure went down at the ER and they let me go. 

But my depression level has gone up i fear that my medicine is getting me very depressed so as soon as i can i will seek the help of a homeopathic doctor so i can treat my hbp with natural medicine. 

For now i pray to be enlightened and to have the courage and strength to face this situation, my main priority right now is to take care of myself and improve my health before I do anything else i want to feel and look better the goal is set to at-least improve my health before my 24th birthday in December. 

The days are ticking but i have faith that i will be able to achieve my new goal.


Wishing everyone a great health!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that the HBP is causing all these other negative side effects! But yes, i'm really glad that you went to the ER and was informed of the situation. Now you know how to handle it at least. Just keep doing what the doc says, have you tried meditating? I'm a big believer in natural medicine! i hope you can find something that works well for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's unfortunate but i guess i should be really glad that i found out before anything serious happen!

    Me too! Natural medicine is the best and that's what i really want to try to work things out with a nutritionist and a natural doctor, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete