Sunday, December 19, 2010

My 24th birthday!

Happy Birthday to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 I dedicate my nail design to my 24th birthday tried doing a mini self portrait(yes with my scar), balloons, cake, and a party hat what more could i possibly want.

December 19 to many of you is just an ordinary day just like any other but there are some interesting Event's  that happen through history on this day!


1154 King Henry II of England crowned
1842 U.S. recognizes independence of Hawaii
1843 Charles Dickens publishes "A Christmas Carol," in England
1884 Italy recognizes King Leopold II's Congo Free State
1941 Hitler takes complete command of German Army
1948 8th largest snowfall in New York City history (15.3")
1958 1st radio broadcast from space (President Eisenhower voice "To all mankind, America's wish for Peace on Earth and Good Will to Men Everywhere")
1969 Beatle's 7th Christmas album is released
1971 Stanley Kubrick's X-rated "A Clockwork Orange" premieres
1985 Mary Lund is 1st woman to receive a Jarvik VII artificial heart
1995 Queen Elizabeth askes Prince Charles and Diana to divorce
1998 House of Representatives approves two articles of impeachment, charging President Clinton with lying under oath to a federal grand jury and obstructing justice
'Historic' Events were provided by (http://www.brainyhistory.com/daysbirth/birth_december_19.html)


The point is that its not an ordinary day (to me) because its ma b-day!!!!!! oh and i share my birthday with actor Jake Gyllenhaal, Actress Alyssa Milano and French singer Edit Piaf (La Vie en Rose)

So here's the story; I was born on Friday December 19, 1986 in San Salvador/ El Salvador in an improvised hospital due to the October 10, 1986 earthquake in El Salvador that destroyed the Hospital which i was scheduled to be born at. Also when the earthquake happen it scared the hell out of me inside my mother's belly that i flipped in a full sitting position, but luckily i decided to chance my position before birth. My dad was out on a business trip but told (me inside my mother's belly to wait till he was back) and of course i listened (like i always do wink wink lol) he was back exactly that Friday and my mother said she's sure i was born in the evening. Well anyways, I was my mother's Christmas gift.

So now that i'm 24 i can honestly now say that i do feel one year older. First of all im so glad i've made it this far in life despite of some major obstacles that i've had. As you all know by now im going through Thyroid Cancer and dealing with it is a big struggle. I can't say i'm used to it (i don't think anyone ever gets used to having Cancer) but when i was 3 months old i went through Bacterial Meningitis which is a rare but horrible disease. But i was lucky enough to have my mother who noticed in the middle of the night that i was convulsing and having seizures. Also very thankful to my Uncle Omar who also saved my life on our way to the hospital while my dad drove and my mother was in complete shock he was sucking out all the phlegm that could of gone to my brain and killed me. Thank God i can't remember but my mother went through a lot seeing her 3 month old baby having to have shots in (my spinal cord) and go through many months of study. So i was able to make it out of that one at 3 months so Thyroid Cancer watch out! Anyways i know i collapse at times and i say this and that and im always annoying the hell out of everyone by saying im tired which i am. But im determine to recover from this ASAP so my life as an adult can officially begin. I really hope that before my birthday next year i am able to accomplish some goals that i have in mind.

Throughout my years i have had a wonderful life up's and down's just like everyone else but that's what makes up life. I have my fantastic parents and my beautiful little sister Brigitte (Oops almost forget my other sister and brother i guess their OK lol j/k.) I've had the opportunity to meet some pretty great people (some for a minute other for hours, days, weeks, months and years) The friends who i have who I really share my life with can be counted with just one hand. But they are amazing and i thank God everyday for you guys. Specially my best friend who always manages to help me out with the toughest things by being my reality check (you my friend know who you are and I love you from the bottom of my heart. TI VOGLIO BENE il mio ragazzo ;* )

I'm pretty sure i won't do anything today because frankly i'm broke lol, tired, and extremely cold and i doubt this rain is going to stop on my account. So i will probably sleep for half of the day and try to clean a bit. But cheers on my special day. and again thank you lord for allowing me one more year of life!

P.S
definitely no birthday cake (ever since my surgery my sugar craving has been 100% everyday and if i continue giving in there's no telling)


Well thanks for stopping by

xoxo
-Karla-

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!
    Best wishes!!
    At your age I only worried about my college grades:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Integrator, thanks a lot! Wish grades were my only worry right now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost forgot I took that picture http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2722/4071478409_990492b51c_b.jpg few weeks ago and would like to add it to your birthday greeting !!
    Have you go over the scan results with your doctor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely picture!
    Regarding my full body scan, I guess curiosity killed the cat and I've been stressing over nothing. He said it looks about where they thought i should be. It didn't spread anywhere else i just have some remaining thyroid tissue. I have just begun with my radiation pill which i will blog about it later on.

    ReplyDelete